Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Game 4 Fracas

ESPN (TV so no link) is reporting that there will be no suspensions or fines as a result of the game 4 near-fight (blind Boston bias alert). I was expecting Marvin and Perkins to be suspended for stepping on the court (albeit barely), but suspending KG for shoving the ref was a long shot. I guess Stern is no longer applying the bench-leaving rule without exception. I bet many Suns fans are pissed at this ruling, and it will only fuel their conspiracy theories.

A Perkins/Marvin suspension would probably benefit the Hawks in game 5. Perkins was a rebounding force early in game 4, and Marvin was, well, let's just say that starting J-Chill instead of Marvin wouldn't be such a bad thing for the Hawks. Nevertheless, I do not think anybody should have been suspended. Of course, I thought the same thing about the Suns-Spurs incident last year. The league's inconsistency is a little puzzling. Either they were affected by last year's backlash, or there is a massive conspiracy to keep the Celtics in the playoffs (possibly involving robots).

>>Update<<

Story at ajc.com.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure the reverse vampires are involved in the conspiracy, too.

Anonymous said...

How sad is it that I am actually disappointed Marvin wasn't suspended? I wonder how many more games the Hawks would have won with Childress starting.

Grundle said...

the nba is inconsistent at everything, including all things rules

Anonymous said...

Did anyone watch Around the Horn yesterday? Jackie Mac was saying that if songalia got suspended for something that was barely a foul, Zaza should have been suspended for his "vicious headbutt."

Is it just me or did this alleged headbutt never happen?